A Buyer's Guide to Purchasing VELCRO® Brand Straps
When you’re crafting, organizing or decorating, you might find that you need a strap or two to help hold things together. VELCRO® Brand straps are an excellent choice for the quality-focused shopper who needs a versatile, reusable fastening solution for a wide range of applications, from helping to keep all your computer or audio cords neat and organized to securing drapes in your home.
What are VELCRO® Brand Straps?
VELCRO® Brand straps are fasteners that cinch and adhere to themselves so you can easily bundle things together. Of course, these fasteners work thanks to the brand’s legendary hook and loop closure, which provides a secure attachment that can be reused over and over. You already know that VELCRO® Brand woven materials are incredibly durable, but did you know that some of their hook and loop closures can be opened and closed as many as 10,000 times? In other words, you can’t go wrong with this fastener leader.
You can use these straps to replace zip ties, bungee cords, rubber bands, and an assortment of other less durable office solutions that might tangle or break. As with many VELCRO® Brand products, there are many different types of straps to consider. In this guide, we’ll help you discover which kinds of VELCRO® Brand straps you need for your specific job.
VELCRO® Brand ONE-WRAP® Straps: Cable Management Solutions
The VELCRO® Brand ONE-WRAP® Straps are primarily used for bundling cables, including fiber optic and CAT-5 cables, and eliminate the need for cutting when bundling items. At FASTENation, we carry several different sizes, colors, and configurations in this line, including:
- VELCRO® Brand ONE-WRAP® Die Cut Straps — These VELCRO® Brand straps feature a die cut design to accommodate cords and wires. They are primarily used for power cable management, securing electronic cords, and bundling attachments and accessories of smaller equipment.
- VELCRO® Brand ONE-WRAP® Color-Coded Fiber Optic Straps — These straps are specifically designed for fiber optic cable, as they eliminate possible damage due to over-cinching or accidental cutting. They come in four colors so you can implement them in your color-coding strategy and match your cable jacket.
- VELCRO® Brand ONE-WRAP® Cord Straps — While also ideal for cable management applications, the VELCRO® Brand ONE-WRAP® Cord Straps feature a slit so you can easily slide the strap over the plug head, allowing you to easily wrap and secure. These are CAT-5-friendly straps, so they can be used in networking and other industry applications.
VELCRO® Brand VELSTRAP® Straps: Heavy-Duty General Purpose
The VELSTRAP® line includes durable general purpose straps made with a hook and loop closure that has been ultrasonically welded so that it’s strong and long-lasting. They are considered more heavy-duty than some types of straps, and many can be used outdoors. Use either of these straps for things like cable management, wrangling your camping gear, cinching cargo, and much more.
- VELSTRAP® Straps without Grommets — These straps are the same all-purpose, heavy-duty straps as the ones discussed above, but they don’t feature grommets. They’re ideal to have on hand for some more general applications.
- VELSTRAP® Straps with Grommets — These are rugged straps that have built-in grommets, which allows them to be fastened to walls, devices, and other surfaces. They can also be used for cable management, cinching materials, and organizing supplies. These VELSTRAP® straps come in black for stocked items, custom colors available.
- VELSTRAP® Straps with Non-Slip Neoprene — If you need especially durable non-slip straps for applications such as moving or any situation where there might be a fair amount of movement, choose the option with non-slip neoprene built right onto the strap.
VELCRO® Brand QWIK Tie Straps
Last but not least in the FASTENation selection are the VELCRO® Brand QWIK Tie Straps, which are straps that can accommodate a wide range of diameters of cables cords, and hoses. These straps are fit for function of applications with varying size cables and limited closure cycles.
- VELCRO® Brand QWIK Tie Die-Cut Straps — The die-cut version of the QWIK tie has a curved shape, rather than the typical straight shape, which makes it ideal for low-cost cable management. They come in black, white, red, and gray from FASTENation.
Finding the Right VELCRO® Brand Products
If you don’t see the appropriate fastener or strap listed in this guide, be sure to explore our complete selection of VELCRO® Brand products. In addition to our premade offerings, we’d be happy to work with you to create custom straps using our strap fabrication services. We can cut, weld, and sew your straps to perfectly fit your specific application. If you need it packaged, labeled or custom configured we are happy to help. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with questions if you have any specific needs.
Allow our highly trained technically focused staff to work with our design team, engineers, product managers or sales team to create a custom solution that will wow your customers!